Sat. Apr 17th, 2021

We Pave Your Career Path

Which US visa should I apply for? | Which US visa do I need?

4 min read
Optional Practical Training Program for F-1 students

US Visa: Visiting the United States may not be as troublesome as it once was. However realizing which visas are available, and which you may qualify for is still a tedious affair.

While the H-1B, student and tourist visas remain the most widely known, the lesser know visas could be what you need. Here we translate which visa would suit you best, based on the reason you wish to visit.

Planning an American holiday? Apply for the B-2 visa

  • The B-2 is a non-immigrant visa gave to individuals entering the US temporarily for pleasure or tourism.
  • Any foreign resident who wants to visit loved ones in the US. To attend special events like family occasions and ceremonies may meet all requirements for and can apply for the Visitor Visa.

If you are a professional looking to work for an American company, the H visas are for you

  • The H-1B visa allows American employers to recruit experts in occupations that require highly specialized knowledge and a bachelor’s degree or higher in the specific specialty, or equivalent.
  • The professionals for this situation are sponsored by their US employer.
  • H-2A and H-2B visas permit US employers to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill temporary agricultural and nonagricultural occupations, respectively.
  • The H-3 is available for trainees.

If you want to study in the US, the F visa is for you

  • The F-1 visa is for academic students to enter the US as full-time students at a certified college or university, seminary or conservatory, academic high school, or elementary school.
  • The first F-1 student visa is regularly an English language program.
  • The most well-known way to US permanent residence is F-1 student to F-1 OPT, then employer sponsorship as an H-1B professional, and then the green card.

Visiting the US for medical treatment? Apply for the B-2 visa

  • To qualify you should show that this treatment is medically necessary and unavailable in your home country.
  • Demonstrate that you can bear to pay the expenses of US medical care.
  • You should get letters from both your doctor and a US healthcare professional.

Foreign national doctors looking to practice in the States will need J visas

  • The most well-known visa international medical graduates use to take an interest in US GME programs is the J-1 visa.
  • The J-1 program for a foreign medical resident can be extended each year in turn for as long as seven years.
  • Presently, medical professionals can also apply for H-1B visas to go to the US for research or to set up clinical practices.

If you’re an entrepreneur, looking to conduct business in the US, you might need an E visa

  • The E visa is for treaty merchants and investors who go to the US under a treaty of commerce and route between the US and the investor’s home country.
  • A foreign national investor, with a sizable stake in a US entity(at least 50% ownership must always be held), is eligible for the E-2.
  • E-2 holders direct the tasks of an enterprise in which they have contributed, or are effectively investing, a significant amount of cash.

Are you a foreign businessperson looking to establish or acquire a business in the US? Look for the L visas

The L-1 nonimmigrant visa empowers US businesses to transfer experts who are executives /managers / specialized knowledge employees employed abroad for at least one year from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States.

[Judge’s Order Will Save OPT For International Students]

This classification also empowers a foreign business that doesn’t yet have an affiliated US office to send the executive, manager, or specialized knowledge employee to the United States to help establish one.

Are you a renowned expert in your field? You will need an O visa

  • Foreign experts who have been recognized nationally or globally for achievements in their field qualify for an O visa.
  • An O-1A non-immigrant visa is available for individuals who have extraordinary ability in sciences, education, business, or athletics.
  • Entertainers and other media experts will meet all requirements for the O-1B visa.
  • O-2 people accompany an O-1, artist, or athlete, to assist in a specific event or performance.

Bring your family

Numerous non-immigrant visas permit holders to bring their life partners and/or dependent children into the US on related visas. For H-1B holders, the H-4 visa is available for their families. Family members of L visa holders can apply for L-2 visas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.