US Golden Visa: The US EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program has gone through a few positive changes, making it more straightforward for foreigners to immigrate to the United States.
The EB-5 program allowed foreign investors to get a Green Card for themselves as well as their family members. This includes spouses and kids under the age of 21. This visa would also include the investment of $800,000 into a new commercial enterprise in the US. The investment is utilized to meet the different investment and job creation requirements.
The new changes were presented recently through the enactment of the EB-5 Reform and Integrity Act of 2022 (RIA) and are pointed toward expanding transparency and security for the foreign nationals participating in the program.
US Golden Visa | All you need to know:
- The reform act reauthorized the EB-5 program for the following five years and this is the initial time starting around 2015 that the program got such an extended reauthorization.
- Also, the reform expresses that any petition filed on or before 30th September 2026. Will continue to be adjudicated even after the EB-5 program terminates. This will guarantee that current EB-5s continue to enjoy a certain amount of safety. While their files are being processed by the USCIS, particularly in case of the program is suspended. They will still be able to receive their US Green Card in a timely manner.
- The change makes it feasible for EB-5 investors to live, work, and study in the US. While they are waiting for their green card application to be processed.
- EB-5 candidates will get protection for good faith since they are investing in a regional center. A new commercial enterprise, or a job-creating entity that has been terminated or debarred. This implies that innocent investors will not lose their place in line and can still benefit from receiving their US Green Cards through the EB-5 program.
- The EB-5 program is now full speed ahead and EB-5 investors can file their Green Card applications. To take advantage of the many benefits of the program.